Thursday, October 31, 2013

One Year

Happy Halloween!
Tonight was rainy, windy, and coooold.
We had a last minute costume change from Finn Human (shorts and t-shirt)
to a vampire (he got to wear his Long Johns under his outfit).


We decided to break with tradition and head to the indoor heat of the mall.


But the mall was kind of a bust. Long long lines for very few participating stores.
So, I decided we needed to brave the wind, rain, and cold and stick with our tradition
of trick-or-treating in New Town.
We bundled Jasper up in an afghan and trick-or-treated our little hearts out.


Griffin rocked his manners with each house and even a few pretty gals got 
unexpected hugs from our little Don Juan.
In between each house: 
"This is the best day of my life!". 

****

One year ago today I baked 700 cupcakes for a small bakery I worked at then was abruptly let go. 
One year ago today, I cried the whole drive home, terrified as to how Matt would react. 
One year ago today, my pregnant self walked through the door of our new apartment and got
the biggest and best peace hug from my husband.
One year ago today he looked me square in the eye and said, 
"You are home now, where you belong. I will make this work.". 
And just like that, a new chapter had started.
This has been the most difficult and most rewarding year of my life.
One year ago, we lost much, moved into a little apartment, and I lost my job.
During this past year, I became a stay-at-home mom, gave birth to a beautiful baby boy, 
Griffin started Kindergarten, Matt got a new job AND a part-time job.
With Matt's hard work, my photography, a few Etsy sales, 
and the charity of friends and strangers alike, we've made it.
One year.
Longest year ever.
Sweetest year ever.
We are rounding the top of the mountain. 
We have plans and hope to put them into action soon.
 First and foremost, it is time to dig ourselves out of a sizeable hole that was 
necessary to dig in order to survive.
We have a long road ahead of us but because of this past year,
what we've overcome,
who we've become,
how we have grown,
we have a very clear vision as to what we want our future to be.
Oh how sweet it is.


Also, cutest vampire EVAAAR.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment