Monday, February 28, 2011

She Works Hard For Her Money & A Recipe

Long time no blog!
Did I ever mention that I have a full time job?  The kind outside of being a mom?
I do.
And it has been keeping me very busy lately.
I've been away from this blog for several days now.
The verdict?
I missed it.
A lot.
I don't even know if many people read this little slice of Blogland but I've missed it.
So I'm back.
With a recipe!
Peanut Butter Buttercream Frosting.
A-Yum.
So so so easy.
 So, here's what you'll need.
Yes, (for those of you who know how much I love to bake) I do bake with box mixes at times.
For shame.
:)
1 Stick of butter
4 Cups of confectioner's sugar
2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
Milk
Creamy Peanut Butter
 The oil and eggs in the picture?
For the brownies.
 I love this brand. Good stuff.

So, you'll want to get out your mixer, AKA "too noisy", and mix 1 stick of room temperature butter with the whisk attachment.
Add 2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract and mix again until creamy.
Add 4 cups confectioner's sugar 1 cup at a time, getting the consistancy creamy
between each cup addition.
After about the 3rd cup of sugar, you'll want to add some milk because your frosting will be quite dry.
Add a little dash of milk at a time while mixing so it becomes creamy again.
Too runny? Add more confectioner's sugar.
Too dry? Add more milk.
Easy.
That's your basic Buttercream Recipe.
What I love about this is you can build on this.
For these brownies I simply added tablespoon fulls of creamy peanut butter to taste.
Dude.
So good.
 See?

Happy Monday!

1 comment: